GULF BUILDING LLC
Gulf Building LLC is a privately-held construction firm headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for over 25 years. Established and experienced General Contractor / Construction Management Firm serving selective markets, including High-End Residential, Private and Public Owners, and the Federal Government.
- JOB TITLE: SUPERINTENDENT WITH COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
- START DATE: IMMEDIATE
- LOCATION: KEY WEST
- INTERVIEW: REQUIRED
General Purpose of the Position:
The Construction Project Superintendent is responsible for the overall safety, schedule, quality and on-site activities of each construction project that he is assigned. He works closely with the project team to ensure that all project goals are met. He reports directly to the Vice President/Project Executive of Commercial Construction. Gulf Building is currently looking for a Superintendent with experience in commercial construction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The items below are to be used as a guide and are not all-inclusive.
- Prior experience as superintendent for one or all of the following multi-family, office buildings, medical.
- Maintain a clean and safe project and participate in Project Safety Meetings, and maintain compliance with OSHA requirements.
- Maintains an organized jobsite, project security and deliveries, and controls all on-site communications.
- Maintain accurate Daily Reports and Communications Logs with a detailed and thorough documentation of the progress of the Work; taking ‘dated’ progress photos (including revised ‘As-Built’ conditions) as necessary and on a regular basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate with different levels of people: Tradesman, Government Agencies, Owners, Customers, Employees and Management.
- Must be completely knowledgeable of the Plans, Specifications, contract requirements, local requirements, safety and OSHA requirements as they apply to the project.
- Understands the subcontractor scope and the subcontract agreements.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, meet and coordinate with building officials, local government, utility companies and other project related outside agencies.
- Coordinate with established Testing Agencies for all necessary test requirements.
- In the event of an Accident or OSHA Inspection, notify and coordinate with the Project Manager and the Home Office management personnel. Follow established and appropriate protocol in these events.
- Assists the Project Team with the development of a detailed Project Schedule using Primavera or Microsoft Project.
- Develops and shares the two or three week look-ahead schedule, and communicates schedule requirements with all affected trades and with management.
- Coordinates all site activities to assure that the project’s scheduling goals and milestones are achieved.
- Verify that all Subcontractors have the necessary permits and licenses to perform their work.
- Coordinates with the project team to assure that all proper Notices and Permits are properly filed, including but not limited to: Notice of Commencement (NOC), Notice to Proceed from the Owner, all Permits necessary for construction from all Authorities having jurisdiction, NPDES Permit Inspections (SWPPP), NPDES Notice of Termination (NOT) upon completion & acceptance of the Work, and filing of proper Notice to Owner (NTO).
- Participate in the Project Kick Off meetings.
- Work with the Project Manager to establish continuity for the project as it pertains to design professionals, review agencies and subcontractors.
- Review and understand the project budget with the Project Manager.
- Schedule and attend all jobsite meetings as required. Lead all jobsite safety and scheduling meetings.
- Review and understand all product submittals and shop drawings.
- Maintain accurate and up to date As-Built drawings and documentation.
- Assist Project Manager in reviewing changes in the scope of work.
- Assist Project Manager during the review of the Monthly Subcontractor Requisitions.
- Assist in preparing the Owner’s Monthly Requisition. Review with Owner or Lender as required.
- Assist in obtaining the Certificate of Occupancy.
- Compile Projects Punch List with the Project Manager, distribute to all Subcontractors. Verify when work in completed in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Participate in compiling an Owner’s Closeout Book consisting of all completed Punch List, Operations Manuals, Product Data and Warranties.
- Maintain security and document control over permits, contracts and approved drawings in the field office.
- In coordination with the Project Superintendent and the Project Coordinators, obtain all necessary documentation, ‘as-builts’, and final surveys necessary for Substantial Completion and Certificate of Occupancy.
- Other duties and responsibilities as they may arise for Gulf Building, LLC.
Computer Equipment and Software:
- Full knowledge of Windows Office Systems; particularly in Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.
- Full knowledge of Prolog, ProCore, & Primavera or similar software required.
- Full knowledge of blueprint reading required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and 3-D modeling is desired.
Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required. A combination of education and work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience: Minimum of four (4) years of superintendent experience in commercial construction is desired.
Workplace Civility Rules & Attributes:
- Represents the company with a positive attitude internally and externally.
- Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner.
- Treats all employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with dignity and respect.
- Works cohesively with team members and all co-workers, displaying a positive attitude through behaviors and supportive problem solving and communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; be able to multi-task, manage and assign responsibilities to other Team Members.
- Performs work tasks by receiving direction and then working independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications and team skills.
- Sense of urgency with problem solving skills and the ability to confidently take action and resolve conflicts in an effective and fair manner.
- Maintains a professional client relationship in order to properly represent Gulf Building LLC as a quality General Contractor and provide for repeat business.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. On occasion it may be necessary to lift and carry or manipulate items of up to 50 lbs., walk over uneven or unpaved ground to reach a worksite in construction zones. This position may be required to perform a variety of construction tasks in all areas and aspects of the construction project—including scaffold or platform work, confined spaces and exposure to outside elements. If your position requires you to enter the field it is mandatory that you wear approved Personal Protective Equipment. This position may be required to work schedules which may include shift work, such as; dayshift, swing-shift, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend shifts. This position may also require occasional travel as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Eric Squilla, Vice President
Corporate Phone: (954) 492-9191
Corporate Fax: (954) 492-9192
To apply for this job email your details to EricS@gulfbuilding.com