GULF BUILDING LLC
Gulf Building LLC is a privately-held construction firm headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for over 25 years. Established and experienced General Contractor / Construction Management Firm serving selective markets, including High-End Residential, Private and Public Owners, and the Federal Government.
- JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER WITH COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
- START DATE: IMMEDIATE
- LOCATION: FORT LAUDERDALE
- INTERVIEW: REQUIRED
General Purpose of the Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management, coordination, performance and financial success of each assigned Project from inception through completion. This includes adherence and maintenance of the budget, schedule, quality control, safety, and the management and administration of all contractual responsibilities and obligations for full client satisfaction. This individual works closely with the Superintendent and Team Members through consistent, effective communication, leadership, and collaboration with the Owner to ensure that all project goals are met for complete Project success. This position should lead to career growth directly within the company. Gulf Building is currently looking for a Project Manager with experience in commercial projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The items below are to be used as a guide and are not all-inclusive.
- Prior experience as project manager for commercial construction projects
- In collaboration with the Superintendent, lead and manage all Subcontractors for total project responsibility.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Construction or assigned Project Executive.
- Direct company representative to Owner(s), Stakeholder(s), and Project Consultant(s).
- Directly responsible for all financial aspects of the Project.
- Development of the “Team” working environment with all Project members.
- Participates in the Preconstruction Phase. Assists with preparation of bid packages, proposals, and the evaluation of bids for a complete scope of work.
- Reviews and fully understands the Owner’s Contract, including preparation of Project Logs and Notice provisions for compliance.
- Develops with the Superintendent with the Project Schedule and maintains the schedule updates from Baseline approval through Project Closeout.
- Assists with the negotiation and award of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Drafts Subcontractor Agreements and Purchases Orders, inclusive of the scope of work.
- Assures that Subcontractor Bonds, Insurance and Agreements are timely provided and fully executed prior to the start of the Work.
- Develops the initial Owner Pay Application Package for approval and maintains through-out the course of the Project.
- Develops and manage Subcontractor Requisitions, including lien releases and project payroll.
- Responsible for Project financial accuracy, reports, updates, and funding status.
- Tracks and ensures that all Owner and Contract Notices are properly files and issued for compliance with the Contract.
- Tracks and ensures that all Permits are timely applied for, maintained during the course of the Work and properly closed.
- In coordination with the Superintendent, meet and coordinate with the Authority Having Jurisdiction and outside agencies, all permit requirements and applications.
- Demonstrates understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures within construction field.
- Researches and resolves drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors.
- Prepares field design change requisitions and “as built” drawings, as required.
- Prepares and disseminates all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc.
- Verifies that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.
- Attends and chairs meetings with the Owner, clients, or A/E representatives to coordinate design and construction efforts and on-going progress.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Participates in job walks and documents and reports findings with tracking reports.
- Administers the company’s quality control plan and takes weekly photos to document any quality control issues with reporting.
- Researches and proposes solutions to quality control issues.
- Generates queries and reports in Prolog software.
- Responsible for the review and maintenance of subcontractor non-compliance and coordinates with QA/QC procedures.
- Administers the company safety program and participates in safety inspections and management.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations to include health, safety, and welfare as appropriate.
- Review all shop drawings and submittals for compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Reviews mock-up and/or shop drawings and specifications.
- Possess the ability to attend meetings and transcribe detailed meeting minutes clearly, precisely and accurately.
- Demonstrates schedule understanding in coordination with construction logistics and construction sequencing.
- Administers the PCO process and minimal ability in identifying PCO/change orders.
- Administers the Owner Change Order Process, inclusive of Notice Provisions, RCO Submission, negotiations, and incorporation of all changes via Owner Change Order or Contingency
- Administers construction scheduling in coordination with construction logistics and sequencing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Analyzes and resolves construction process problems and issues and effectively communicates and interfaces with all levels of personnel.
- Develops and maintains an efficient Project Close-out from Punch list through Warranties for timely completion in compliance with the Contract.
- Manages all Subcontractor close-out.
- Responsible for collection of Final Payment.
Computer Equipment and Software:
- Full knowledge of Windows Office Systems; particularly in Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.
- Full knowledge of Prolog, ProCore, & Primavera or similar software required.
- Full knowledge of blueprint reading required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and 3-D modeling is desired.
Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required. A combination of education and work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience: Minimum of four (4) years of project management experience in commercial construction.
Workplace Civility Rules & Attributes:
- Represents the company with a positive attitude internally and externally.
- Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner.
- Treats all employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with dignity and respect.
- Works cohesively with team members and all co-workers, displaying a positive attitude through behaviors and supportive problem solving and communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; be able to multi-task, manage and assign responsibilities to other Team Members.
- Performs work tasks by receiving direction and then working independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications and team skills.
- Sense of urgency with problem solving skills and the ability to confidently take action and resolve conflicts in an effective and fair manner.
- Maintains a professional client relationship in order to properly represent Gulf Building LLC as a quality General Contractor and provide for repeat business.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. On occasion it may be necessary to lift and carry or manipulate items of up to 50 lbs., walk over uneven or unpaved ground to reach a worksite in construction zones. This position may be required to perform a variety of construction tasks in all areas and aspects of the construction project—including scaffold or platform work, confined spaces and exposure to outside elements. If your position requires you to enter the field it is mandatory that you wear approved Personal Protective Equipment. This position may be required to work schedules which may include shift work, such as; dayshift, swing-shift, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend shifts. This position may also require occasional travel as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Eric Squilla, Vice President
Corporate Phone: (954) 492-9191
Corporate Fax: (954) 492-9192
To apply for this job email your details to EricS@gulfbuilding.com