GULF BUILDING, LLC
Gulf Building LLC is a privately-held construction firm headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for over 25 years. Established and experienced General Contractor / Construction Management Firm serving selective markets, including High-End Residential, Private and Public Owners, and the Federal Government.
- JOB TITLE: ESTIMATOR
- START DATE: IMMEDIATE TO NEXT 3 MONTHS
- LOCATION: JACKSONVILLE
- INTERVIEW: REQUIRED
General Purpose of the Position:
The Estimator is responsible for developing an accurate and reliable estimate of costs for each construction project. He/she works closely with the Subcontractors, Clients, and Gulf’s Project Executives, Managers and Superintendents. This position should lead to career growth directly within the Company.
The items below are to be used as a guide and are not all-inclusive.
- Maintain strict organization and schedule adherence on simultaneous projects when they are elected to bid or budget.
- Sort and compile qualified bid proposals for each category of work. Develop required scope of work for each category of work and compare proposals against the required scope of work. Cover any “gaps” in scope with a credible estimate of costs.
- Develops detailed Estimates and performs Quantity Take-offs for Lump Sum Competitive Bidding, Conceptual & Design Development Budgets, and GMPs.
- Read and comprehend the soils and engineering reports as it pertains to the scope of work, and any cost implications.
- Read and comprehend Instructions to Bidders, the Contract and Bid Documents, including compliance with all requirements.
- Leads the bidding process on each “bid project”. Solicits qualified subcontractors, suppliers and outside professionals for a comprehensive, responsive, and complete Estimate.
- Attends Pre-Bid / Proposals Meetings as needed.
- Assures that plans, specifications and other bid documents are distributed in a timely manner for the purpose of obtaining Subcontractor Bids.
- Interact and effective communication with Subcontractors, Clients, and Gulf’s Employees.
- Produce a detailed Preliminary Project Schedule when required. Establish schedule goals and milestones for review during the bidding process and for use when the Project is awarded.
- Develop a constructability plan for each project which considers staging, site access, deliveries, site security, temporary utilities, storm water run-off control, dust control, etc.
- Leads the budgeting and value-engineering process on each “budgeted project”. Solicits budget proposals and value-engineering lists from qualified subcontractors, suppliers and outside professionals.
- Verify permit cost, permit requirements, and special inspection requirements as they apply to each project.
- Participate in the set-up of the project budget and job cost estimate with the Project Manager.
- Review project job cost reports to evaluate pricing and current market trends. Maintain database of current costs.
- Participate in Post-Project Reviews to evaluate the project estimate versus final costs, and review lessons learned.
- Participate in the review of the Contractor / Owners Contract as it pertains to specific exclusions and qualifications.
- Work with the Project Manager to establish continuity for the project as it pertains to design professionals, review agencies and subcontractors.
- Review scope and Subcontractor Proposals as they apply to the project after it is awarded.
- Provide evaluation of Subcontractor Proposals to the Project Manager when requested.
- Write subcontractor agreements and scope as it pertains to each phase of the project when requested.
- Maintain and keep all pricing and bidding information confidential within Gulf.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in architectural, engineering or construction management.
- Years of Experience: At least 3 years of experience in Construction related fields.
- Must have utilized estimating software packages as well as strong knowledge of Excel, Bluebeam, On-Screen Take-off, and Word.
- Prefer South Florida Experience in Construction related fields.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
Workplace Civility Rules & Attributes:
- Represents the company with a positive attitude internally and externally.
- Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner.
- Treats all employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with dignity and respect.
- Works cohesively with team members and all co-workers, displaying a positive attitude through behaviors and supportive problem solving and communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; be able to multi-task, manage and assign responsibilities to other Team Members.
- Performs work tasks by receiving direction and then working independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications and team skills.
- Sense of urgency with problem solving skills and the ability to confidently take action and resolve conflicts in an effective and fair manner.
- Maintains a professional client relationship in order to properly represent Gulf Building LLC as a quality General Contractor and provide for repeat business.
Eric Squilla, Vice President
Corporate Phone: (954) 492-9191
Corporate Fax: (954) 492-9192
To apply for this job email your details to EricS@gulfbuilding.com