GULF BUILDING, LLC
Gulf Building LLC is a privately-held construction firm headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for over 25 years. Established and experienced General Contractor / Construction Management Firm serving selective markets, including High-End Residential, Private and Public Owners, and the Federal Government.
- JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
- START DATE: IMMEDIATE TO NEXT 3 MONTHS
- LOCATION: FORT LAUDERDALE
- INTERVIEW: REQUIRED
General Purpose of the Position:
The Assistant Project Manager plays a significant role in the overall management, coordination, performance and financial success of each assigned Project from inception through completion. This includes assisting Vice President with adherence and maintenance of the budget, schedule, quality control, safety, and the management and administration of all contractual responsibilities and obligations for full client satisfaction. This individual works closely with the Vice President, Safety Officer, Superintendent, Project Coordinator, and other team members through consistent, effective communication, leadership, and collaboration with the Owner to ensure that all project goals are met for complete Project success. This position should lead to career growth directly within the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The items below are to be used as a guide and are not all-inclusive.
- Assists the Vice President or Project Manager(s) in the preparation of the project related documents (Meeting Minutes, Letters, etc.)
- Researches technical (drawings and specifications) and contractual issues
- Maintains current drawings (pdf and hard copy) with administrative support as required and supports Release for Construction drawing process
- Researches design and construction contracts, as required, to document and support justifications for recommended changes
- Reviews project RFI’s
- Supports the Project Manager(s) and CPM in the preparation of RFDCs, and PCOs for review and approval by the Change Review Committee
- Monitors permit issues until successful resolution
- Participates in weekly progress and specific issues related meetings
- Assists in the coordination of project scheduling and phasing issues
- As directed by the Vice President or PM(s), interfaces with design professionals, CPM, BCAD staff and third parties to expedite resolution of issues potentially impacting schedule
- Provides support to PM(s) for all project controls and quality issues and related reporting requirements
- Assists Vice President or PM(s) with reviewing subcontractor pay applications and invoices
- Assists Vice President or PM(s) with preparation of monthly owner billing
Computer Equipment and Software:
- Full knowledge of Windows Office Systems; particularly in Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.
- Full knowledge of Prolog, ProCore, & Primavera or similar software required.
- Full knowledge of blueprint reading required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and 3-D modeling is desired.
Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required. A combination of education and work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) years of project management experience in commercial and/or high-end residential construction or in a related area/field is desired.
Workplace Civility Rules & Attributes:
- Represents the company with a positive attitude internally and externally.
- Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner.
- Treats all employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with dignity and respect.
- Works cohesively with team members and all co-workers, displaying a positive attitude through behaviors and supportive problem solving and communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; be able to multi-task, manage and assign responsibilities to other Team Members.
- Performs work tasks by receiving direction and then working independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications and team skills.
- Sense of urgency with problem solving skills and the ability to confidently take action and resolve conflicts in an effective and fair manner.
- Maintains a professional client relationship in order to properly represent Gulf Building LLC as a quality General Contractor and provide for repeat business.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. On occasion it may be necessary to lift and carry or manipulate items of up to 50 lbs., walk over uneven or unpaved ground to reach a worksite in construction zones. This position may be required to perform a variety of construction tasks in all areas and aspects of the construction project—including scaffold or platform work, confined spaces and exposure to outside elements. If your position requires you to enter the field it is mandatory that you wear approved Personal Protective Equipment. This position may be required to work schedules which may include shift work, such as; dayshift, swing-shift, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend shifts. This position may also require occasional travel as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Eric Squilla, Vice President
Corporate Phone: (954) 492-9191
Corporate Fax: (954) 492-9192
To apply for this job email your details to EricS@gulfbuilding.com